Courses, seminars, presentations, workshops, lectures
‘Dreamer for Life’ (‘Drømmer for livet’)
by Mik Aidt, journalist and musician
“Dreamer for Life” is a live presentation aimed at giving you inspiration and knowledge about why and how to nurture your dreams. Mik talks most about those dreams you have for your life, but also about the dreams we have when we sleep.
He touches themes such as...
Why you don't have to be afraid to dream
How to achieve a dream
Who are the real ‘dream killers’ to watch out for?
How your nightly dreams can make you more creative
With the use of colourful powerpoint slides in the presentation as well as slides, video, music, questionaires, group workshop, and interactive debate, the presentation can be adjusted for your specific requirements.
Duration can be:
1 day, or up to
1 week (with numerous guest presentations and workshops)
• More information about Mik Aidt
• Mik Aidt's profile on Myspace.com
| History of the presentation |
The ‘Dreamer for Life’ Presentation had its world premiere on November 19, 2004, in Køng, Denmark, where 25 adult students enjoyed an exciting full day dream trip with the socalled ‘Dreamtime Airlines’, stopping over in places such as Australia, Nepal, Greenland, and Uganda.
On March 6, 2005, “Dreamer for Life Part II” again a full day seminar was presented on Køng Idrætshøjskole for 40 adult students. Since then, the show has been a regular guest at the school in Køng once or twice a year.
| Example of a session |
Here is an outline of how a day could look, just as an example:
1) DREAMER-BATTLE 10 min
* 2 groups: the Dreamers and the Cleaners
2) FILM: "DREAMS & CREATIVITY" 25 min
3) CONNECTIVITY WORKSHOP 40 min
* Relaxation to classical music
* Image Streaming
* Talk-flow exercise
4) FILM: "INSPIRATION" 15 min
--- intermission: Lunch ---
5) BODY COORDINATION WORKSHOP 20 min
6) FILM: "WHEN THE MOMENT SINGS" 15 min
7) BODY LANGUAGE WORKSHOP 15 min
* warm-up and progressions
* improvisation: act out your starsign, spiders web
8) MINI-WORKSHOP WITH AFRICAN RHYTHM & DANCE 30 min
Two groups, one with dance, one with percussion
This presention is in a constant process of changes and development, as we learm from our experiences.
| Evaluation |
Excerpts from the students evaluation sheets:
• "It was the first time when I thought about dreams in that kind of way."
• "You spoke out my deep thoughts I've been thinking of about 2 years now. Thank u!"
• "Thank you, it will really make me think about my dreams more. Good idea. I liked the plane atmosphere."
• "Cool flight"
To the question "Which one-line statement will you remember from today in 1 year?" many wrote:
"In 20 years you will regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did... (Mark Twain)"
Some referred to the Patricia Garfield video. One quoted Annette Berg saying "Life is a fairy tale - if you want it to be so." Another wrote: "Keep dreaming."
• Interested in knowing more?
Send an email to home  mikaidt.dk